Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Embarrassing Dialogues: Episode 1

So I've decided to record my embarrassing moments for posterity. And I suppose for you all out there in case they make you laugh.

Episode 1 brings us to the AJ Stake Center on Sunday night. It was the Stake Music Fireside, and several ward choirs were singing Christmas numbers. Our ward choir has a tradition of matching outfits. You wear red or black.

Well, in my haste to make it to my mom's Sunday dinner and back to AJ by 7:00, I completely forgot about this stringent dress code.

I showed up in a bright turquoise shirt, a jean jacket, and a white skirt. When I realized the mistake, I was horrified. I scanned the audience, looking for one more person from my ward who made the same blunder. Nothing.

As we found our standing place to sing, there I was. Front and center. Turquoise and not proud of it.

Symbolic? Maybe. Maybe I never was a conformist. A secret rebel, perhaps? No. Just incredibly forgetful.

It's time to pull out the fish oil and Ginko Biloba pills for more brain power. But for now, I am a living example of the phrase, "Did you get the memo?"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!

Ashley Harris said...

Oh Cassie - this is totally something that I would do and I totally love it that you're sharing it with the world! You crack me up!

Jaclyn said...

I can see myself making that mistake... :)

Scott and Kim said...

Your life is like one long string of these kind of events! That's why I love you, Cass. I would do such a thing, but I would leave and get a red shirt at walmart (or whatever store was closest) and then come back. I would be too embarrassed to get on stage like that. You are much more brave than me :)

Cassie Lee said...

Yeah, now that I think about it, we were the last ones to go so I probably could've gone home and gotten a shirt. Oh well. I was thinking it was too late since it already started.

Cassie Lee said...

Yeah, now that I think about it, we were the last ones to go so I probably could've gone home and gotten a shirt. Oh well. I was thinking it was too late since it already started.

Hayley said...

bahahaha

This is classic!!!!! Classic I say. Or..a little too classic it turns out...