Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Need an Interesting V-day date idea?

Why not install a bath tub? What's not romantic about that? You can shimmy it up onto a dolly. Then gather your friends and family to wheel the 500 pound tub through your house. Maybe you could sneak a wink at your significant other, or perhaps a smile. When he gets tired from the strain, pat him on the back and say, "Good job!"

This bath tub date can last for hours. You can start around 7 pm and it can go all the way until 12:15 am! Must be a great date to last that long! Between 11 and midnight, you work on lowering the tub down onto the floor using a special hook with a ratchet chain to lower it. This is a way to bond with those you love! The adrenalin is pumping, and when that porcelin hits the floor without cracking, boy do you feel satisfied!

Tub installation = romance!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so this really did happen on our Valentine date night. For those of you who know my dad, you know he will work as long as it takes and ask for the help of whoever is around. Thanks needs to go out to my cousin Kara for letting her husband and son work for many an hour on Saturday!

Also, a big thanks goes out to Cameron for being a good sport!!!! He had helped our home teacher with some drywall for a few hours that day. He was pooped from a long week of school and work too. And then the bathtub thing was pretty much he and my dad crouching down and sawing wood and pipes in a hole for 5 hours. So Cameron's dedication has to be applauded.

As a side note, we did go out to eat at one of my favorite places.


I had a grilled chicken quesadilla and it was the best quesadilla of my llife! But the crowning moment was: I poured water from the water pitcher right onto my lap so my lap was soaked all through dinner. That was the actual fun /semi-romantic part of the date night.

Oh well. If we rank V-day activities on uniqueness, this one will for sure take the cake!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW one heck of a date night! Whoop Whoop. So does the tub look good? I want to see pictures.

April and John Meaders said...

Sounds like a dream come true. Really I can totally see John thinking that would be a good idea. Scary I don't think John will read this blog!!! Hope you are well and happy. I loved talking to you and I think I am going to read Sarah Palin's new book cause of you. You made me really interested in reading it. I love ya Cassie Fay!!!! ;) hope next years V-day is as exciting!!!

Jaclyn said...

If the picture is what your new tub looks like then I like it! If not well... I may like it anyway :) Sounds about has different as when David and I rolled our race truck on our 5th anniversary. Things you will never forget :P

Kaylee said...

Good Times. You know when uncle Dave says he needs help for a few minutes, you are more than likely going to be spending hours with him!!