Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hike in the Supers


Hannah accidently fell in.

This is one of the best short hikes I've been on. It's right outside of Gold Canyon, like 10 minutes from our house. You could take your toddlers on this hike. We had quite a lovely time sticking our feet in the water. Funny story. Dallin got mad at my mom because she was walking slower than he wanted. (he's autistic so when things don't go his way, he freaks) . So he threw his red Cabellas hat far into this huge bush. Well, we were ahead of my mom and she came up behind us and said, " I 'll get the hat on the way back." Well, we got to the top and dipped our feet in the water and saw the Indian petroglyphs, and then started back down. We get to the right spot and the hat is gone. He freeeeeaked out! He was crying and saying over and over, "I want my hat!!" We told him we'd get him a new one. Yeah, that did nothing.

So ten minutes later we're hiking and we see a little kid with a red hat on ahead of us. We thought it looked like Dallin's. So my mom had me go up to the lady and and say, "Did you guys happen to find a red hat?" I was trying to look like I didn't notice the hat on her kid's head. It was SO awkward. She was really nice about it and gave it back. But the kid looked really sad. We wouldn't have taken it back but he's autistic and would've thrown a fit the rest of the day. So that's the story. We had lots of fun!

4 comments:

kay said...

hey...you gotta do what you gotta do! "Red Hat Retrival" should have been the title of ur blog! how funny! looks like a nice place for a hike!! aah..water..thats all i think of during the summers!! :)

kay said...

by the way..this is keyomi. Hie..

Ashley Harris said...

Do you really think toddlers could do it? Maybe we'll have to do that hike too. I don't think we've ever gone on a hike before, I guess now is as good a time as ever. I like the pictures and your story of the red hat. I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world, otherwise who knows if I ever would have heard this story! Every time we talk on the phone we both have so much to say, I'm sure this would have been left out.

Are you getting used to your hair?

♥HANNAH♥ said...

hey scrounge! jamba juice would be soooooooooooo great!