Sunday, September 7, 2008

Im-PALIN' the competition



I like to see a woman that stands for family values, is super intelligent, and doesn't apologize for what she believes. No matter where you are on the political spectrum, you have to find something to admire about Sarah Palin.

Yes, she was only a mayor for two years and a governor for almost 2. But governors make huge, ginormous decisions every day. She commands a national guard, she manages billions of dollars of a budget, she overseas the resource wealth of Alaska. In her first year she created an 6 billion dollar budget surplus. Our governor, by contrast, has been a part of a billions of dollars budget defecit. I nearly lost my job, and many teachers like me did. Not to mention cops and prison guards I know that have lost thousands a year in overtime pay. Palin made huge decisions and they came out ok.

Not to be too harsh, but running a campaign for two years doesn't count as executive experience as some may claim.

But besides that, for those of you who have strong opinions on one side of the other, I won't get into criticisms. I'm just lettin you know that I am excited for this woman and about her. No man gets questioned on whether he can be a father and adequately do his job. So why should a woman be? US Magazine has been very cruel to her.

Can you tell I'm obsessed with politics? I would bore you with everything I think about on a daily basis. I think being a history teacher might have something to do with it. I've had to follow these things for 5 years. Oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love Sarah Palin. I will even admit that I got teary eyed (ok...I cried) when I watched McCain's speech when he announced her as his running mate. I knew her name months ago and hoped she would be considered, but then with all the talk of the "Top 3" choices, I lost hope. She is fantastic and I think very much like the women in this country. I think she is getting an extremely bad rap and the media is being completely unfair. No one has questioned if a man can be President and a father. Obama has been on the campaign trail for 19 months, what kind of father is he? I love that a recent magazine cover was trying to show him as this wonderful father who reads Harry Potter every night before bed. Maybe he does, if his girls travel with him; what kind of life is that for the girls not being in school for 19 months? The media stinks and nothing McCain or Palin can say will change the fact that the media is on Obama's payroll. Hopefully the people's voice will be heard over the biased roar of the media.

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

I wasn't wild about having McCain in office but was much better than Obama. Being I am a total right wing, stanch Conservative I would vote for him anyway. Then came Sarah. She is my new IDOL. She has it all is so awesome. Good post. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

The Frosts said...

I really enjoy Sarah Palin! I think she will do a great job, and she already has such an impressive resume. Go, girl power.