Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If you've got it, flaunt it

Well, well, well. The baby didn’t want to show its stuff today. I feel bad saying “its” but I can’t bring myself to prematurely pick a sex. So today was dramatic and anti-climactic. I guess I should have asked someone how long ultrasounds take. I had no idea they were going to do all those other measurements. So I’m thinking the lady would look at it and then yell out, “it’s a girl!” or whatever. So this lady, we’ll call her Pam, (actually that was her name), was silent for 15 minutes while she measured. Cameron just stood there expressionless and I was just anticipating.

Well, the baby was breach. So Pam said she would let me go to the bathroom. My bladder was explosively full at this point. You guys were right, though, I was too excited to think about that. Well, after a half hour I got to go potty. I came back and the baby was turned around! I thought, “It’s got to happen now.” But I had this sinking feeling that Pam didn’t know what she was doing. Or didn’t care if I knew or not. She did after all, make an offhand comment about how knowing the sex was not “medically necessary” anyway.

Well, she didn’t see anything. There was a leg in the way. I can understand this and I was kind of fine with it. Until I found out later that she could have rolled me over or told me to go for a walk and then tried again.

So I went back to school and had 10 kids stop me on the way back to class. I literally have kids betting money on this. Plus I had them sign a paper with their guess and am giving them extra credit for being right. My count down has been on the board for 12 days. So yeah, you disappoint the kids. Oh well. We’re starting a new count down.

Hopefully my insurance will cover another ultra sound if it’s deemed as “necessary.” I have to hear back from my doctor. Until then, I wait.

The most important thing is that I saw healthy bones, a heart, and a normal size baby. Plus cute stuff like it grabbing its toes and fingers.

So the moral of the story is, flaunt those body parts or drive your frazzled mother nuts.:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one and only time you want your child to be an exhibitionist and they don't want to be. Then it turns around and bites you in the but when they get older and want to run around all the time with no clothes on (ie Reagan). I'm so excited for you guys either way. By the way, I think you are having a boy; I've been telling Aaron that all week. But then again, I thought I was having a boy this time around and had a girl. So maybe you are actually having a girl. I guess it is safe to say, 50/50. lol :)

Kaylee said...

i guess girl, only beacuse Tracie has enough boys, and your mom needs some more cute granddaughters!! and I think girls are more fun. Probably why I only have 1!!

♥HANNAH♥ said...

oh my gosh!!! that makes me sooooooooo mad!!!!!!! i realllllllly wanted to know!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! when is your next appointment?

The Frosts said...

Bummer, Cass! Hopefully you'll get to have another one soon. They couldn't tell what I was having my first ultrasound either, but my insurance covers 2. Good luck, little mama.

Leisel said...

Good thing I found your blog, didn't even know you were expecting! Congrats. that would be the pitts, baby not cooperating.

Sandra said...

So sad that you couldn't find out and had an inexperienced technician. :( Hopefully you can get another one..I am dying to know! We missed you at the beach but we'll be down in Oct for Carter's H.S. reunion. ~hugs~

Melanie said...

Hi casth! Josh just looked at your blog and said..."THey have no pictures on their blog!!" I giggled and told him you had one of a pregnant lady and he added "and a sliced finger..." We love your blog though. Words are good pictures for me! I Love you even if I can't see your face today!

nate and amy crandell said...

HEY CASSIE! I found your blog from Bridgets your hillarious i love your blog!

Molly said...

Hi Cassie - This is Molly (Jaymie's cuz). Congrats on your upcoming arrival! I read a little bit on your blog about your struggles w/ getting pregnant & I'm sure that makes you appreciate it even more. Anyways, I heard that you're a high school teach & have some connections w/ young mothers, so I thought I'd drop you a line. If they're interested in adoption at all you can give them the link to my blog or our adoption profile or even call me on my cell 602-281-5326. Right now we're just trying to get the word out. Thanks & good luck!!