Friday, November 28, 2008

New weigh-in

Ever been weighed at the doctor's and felt guilty? Uh, guess I shouldn't have bought that box of Little Debbies last weekend and given them a nice home. It's a dangerous thing to send a pregnant woman to the grocery store at dinner time when she hasn't had dinner. You never know what she'll come home with!! It could be chicken nuggets and icecream.

Yes, yes, at the end of these 40 weeks I will come out over that "healthy weight gain" number that some unknown authority has declared. This holiday season, I must become a new person. I will change my entire "holiday personality." No longer will I say the following things in my head:

"Look at all those cookies. I need to try ALL of them."

"It's Christmas! Who cares what I eat!"

"I'll walk it off tomorrow."

"I'll work out especially hard in January."

"MMMMMMMMM. CHOOOOCOLATE." (Think of Chunk in the movie "Goonies.")

This will be very difficult, considering that for my entire life I have eaten whatever I want at Christmas time. Wish me luck, people.

4 comments:

Scott and Kim said...

Hey I tried SO hard to only gain 25 pounds during my 1st pregnancy, but I gained 42+ (I stopped counting the last week, it was too depressing). I still lost it all. My doctor was also rude and surprised by my weight gain. Now that I have a midwife, she says 30-50 pounds is healthy. I like her better :)

Melanie said...

Yeah casth,
Just keep eating. You don't look like you have gained too much weight. Babies like Christmas cookies anyway...

Ashley Harris said...

Yeah so Thanksgiving week I gained four pounds. In one week. So much for the 1/2 pound - 1 pound theory. I had a doctor's appointment a couple days later and the physician's assistant was like, "Well, everything looks great. Oh, well ... your weight went up a bit but that's ok..." Yeah thanks lady, like I'm not already feeling like a whale! I didn't even eat that much at Thanksgiving!! I only had one helping of cheesy potatoes and that says a lot!

Lindsay Militello said...

Yeah, good luck on not eating as much this Christmas. I think most women gain more than the "recommended amount" their first pregnancy. Luckily, you are still young and it's easier to get it off!