Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Broke the Law and the Law Won



So yesterday morning I had an incident. I come home from baby sitting every morning and have two routes I can go home. If I go one way I may run into a large bus loading about 40 kids in our neighborhood. I don't want to be stuck behind this bus so I tend to go the other way,

Well, yesterday I went the bus way for some reason unbeknownst to me. I see the last few kids getting on the bus. I see the stop sign. But yet I slowly creep my car past the sign. Hoping not to get in trouble.

Two minutes later my doorbell rings. I thought there was an off chane that it was an irate person and thought maybe I shouldn't answer the door.

But there she was. Mouth in a grimace. Ready to give me a tounge lashing. I'm holding Lacey in my arms and this lady exclaims, "Are you aware of the law of the stop sign on the bus???" I was thrown off so I just said, "I forgot." I am extremely ashamed to admit that was a fib. She replied, Oh you forgot, huh?" She was very angry.

"Well several of the parents and the busdriver are really upset 'cause we see you do this all the time!!!" Not true! That was only possibly the 2nd time I did it and it was awhile ago.

"Well, if it was your kid riding the bus and I did it to you, how would you feel?????" she exclaimed. So I decided to use a tactic my mom uses that allows you do not be a doormat but to make the person look dumb for yelling. I killed her with kindness.

"Didn't I meet you at the pool one time?" and then, "Thank you so much for telling me. Thank you so much for coming over." This made her even angrier and she walked off in a huff, saying "Your welcome."

So 10 minutes later I get a call from my friend in my ward who saw the lady literally run after my car. Psycho! She told me this woman is known to get on people's cases a lot.

All I could think about later is how guilty I felt for doing it, but also all the comeback lines I could have used on her.

The ironic part: My husband's a busdriver and he calls the police on people sometimes who run his stop sign.

Now all you parents out there whose kids ride the bus, I'm so sorry! I will never do it again. I made a mistake.

And all you psycho yellers out there: Power trips will never give you joy. And don't take the law into your own hands. Let the police do it. And if you ever come on my property again and yell at me in front of my child, I may tee pee your house.

12 comments:

April and John Meaders said...

Oh Cassie I love you. Your Mom would be so proud of your passive aggressive behavior!!! ;)

Jaclyn said...

Wow... I guess you better watch out for that lady :)

Scott and Kim said...

Cassie you are so brave and real to post this! We've all done it...until our kids ride the bus themselves. It's human nature. But I think you should TP her house NOW :)

Ashley Harris said...

Wow, that's a whole lot of anger! On her part! What a crazy lady. I hate confrontations - I analyze my reaction and wish I had done things differently for days and days afterward. It's so annoying!

Anonymous said...

Shame shame! Just kidding Cassie. I don't even know what stop signs you are talking about. Apparently I'm not around school buses much. I love your stories. They are always so easy to imagine. You're HILARIOUS!! I miss you!

Hayley said...

your response was perfect!!

Though instead of teepee, you should just use pee.

thanks for making my day everytime you type a word!!!

Robin said...

That is halarious, I wouldn't have the guts to go around a bus, I guess I'm to wimpy. You crack me up!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Oh boy that would have made me so mad. Good job for keeping your cool. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

JackandJaneyNichols said...

You reacted better then I did at your age...once when a neighbor came to my door to yell at me, I simply slammed the door in her face cause I couldn't think of what to say....but then I didn't break the law, ha ha. Oh, and she never spoke to me again.

The Frosts said...

Funny stuff! I want to come with you if you t.p. her house. That would be like old times. Porter always says "Red means stop, and if you don't the police will get mad at you. Member that mom, when you did that, and the police got mad?" I remember, thanks Porter! Breakin' the law, real housewives of Pinal County style!

Anonymous said...

Some people are weird like that huh. Question though... I wonder if she was speeding through the residential zone to get to your house to yell at you?

Cassie Lee said...

Ha ha! Aunt Janey! You crack me up! I didn't know what to say either. Jaymes, you'd be my number 1 tee pee consultant. I love the Real Housewives of pinal County title. Coco, she actually ran on foot but good question. She should've got a speeding ticket for that or a trespassing ticket!