Saturday, October 25, 2008

"The cabin experience"

If you've never been to the cabin, you've never lived. My dad has been building a cabin with his bare hands for about two years now. It is coming along and we have helped a tad here and there. The above pic is my little bro Dallin eating dirt. This can be a common occurence.
We went to a water hole near the property and there was an old fence. Like all encounters with old fences, this one had to be photo-documented.


Hannad and the water hole. Doesn't it look like she's posing for her Lifetouch photo?


Cameron and me. I may or may not have worn those clothes for 2 days. Showers are not common at the cabin. In fact, there is no running water yet so an extended stay has included giving yourself a sponge bath before church to get all the dirt off your body.



The outhouse is around the back. If you're lucky, the wind might blow the "blanket door" out of the way while you're in there and you can feel a cool breeze. And somebody might see you. Awkward.




7 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Hey my Hubby helped with that cabin too! It is beautiful. We need pictures of the inside and off the other side of the porch now there is a view! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Ashley Harris said...

Pretty cabin! Once it is finished (can I emphasize finished because as fun as that outhouse sounds ...) you'll have to invite us up there! Aren't I so sweet to invite myself and my soon to be family of five! Or maybe you can just invite me :)

Hayley said...

your dad is skilled! can he cure my acne?

The Frosts said...

That is some fine craftmanship if I've ever seen it. Wait to go Dave! I loved seeing you yesterday. You're lookin' so cute.

Leisel said...

men and their projects. It makes me laugh, but i guess we are the same way!

nate and amy crandell said...

how fun! I can't believe he built that! And I just read the post below that is the funniest thing ever!!! oh my gosh your hilarious!

♥HANNAH♥ said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! GO TO MY BLOG TO GET THE DIRECTIONS!