Saturday, October 25, 2008

The classical stylings of the expectant mother

The idea that pregnancy can be laughed at really makes up for those uncomfortable moments of achy calves and heartburn. Lately I have misplaced things that I was carrying in my hands, thrown a marker across the classroom on accident, and locked our 4 weiner dogs in their cage for 12 hours while I was at work. Thankfully, they didn't come down with a horrible case of UTI. They looked like rats trying to escape from a burning building when we got home. There didn't seem to be any "accidents " although the faint smell of urine is ever-present.

Until . . . the next morning when the dog poop was discovered underneath the blankets, waiting there like a horrible hidden surprise. Imagine the desperation of a small dog, locked inside and needing to go potty, and then finally going in his own bed and covering the evidence. Anybody know a good pet therapist?


But let's get to the title of this post. Last weekend we went to a wedding reception for a girl in our ward. I thought it might be cold in the building, so I brought a stretchy black sweater. We were sitting around a table with our cute Bolivian bishop and some of our friends. I pull out the sweater to put it on a lo and behold . . . .


It's not a sweater!

Black stretchy pajama pants! How convenient!

The whole table was laughing and saying it was my prego brain. The next thing I knew, my bishop grabbed the pants, held them up, and put them on his head. Great moment.

4 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

When you have moments like that you just have to tell everyone, "Making a baby is hard work. In that silly moment I just made her eyelashes and that took all of my concentration!"

I have done countless silly things in the past 19 weeks of pregnancy. Most common is when I'm in the middle of a conversation and I totally lose my train of thought. Let's be honest, it's not like that doesn't happen when I'm not pregnant, it just happens like EVERY time I'm trying to talk now that I am. Gotta love it! Thank goodness I have loving and patient people around me!

Poor dogs! But really, I'm amazed that that is the first time that has ever happened, you get so much done in one day!

Hayley said...

i cant stop laughing!!!!!!

Cassie, you are a classic!

i love you.

The Frosts said...

That is really funny. You have some great old stories. One time I forgot to feed my dogs when I was pregnant with Porter. I fell asleep on the couch and I thought I heard the dogs say, "We're so hungry!" I jumped up and fed them and I'm now convinced they can talk if they get hungry enough. Love a black stretch pant.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cassie! :) That will forever be one of the greatest moments of all times, especially when bishop put them on. They definitely make a good shrug though!