Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How I Educate Myself . . . TV Doctors

How could you say "no" to this face"? How could you hide any of your past issues, your baggage, your emotional garbage if thsi man were standing in front of you? Is it his bald head? His manly stache? Is it the suit? Or does finger-pointing make you respond?

All I know is, what would I do without the doctors in my life? They may not be my personal doctors, but I 'm getting diagnosed.

What, pray tell, would I do from 1 pm to 3 pm without these shows?

I have to admit, Dr. Phil is addicting. You start watching 5 minutes thinking you won't stay on that channel, but then the story hooks you in and you find that an hour goes by.

Though Dr. Phil often creates extra drama and makes the people hate each other more than they did before they came, a lot of times he has a good point.



I actually think "The Doctors" is a really interesting show and well-done. I get hooked in by their teasers. Things like, " Coming up, the tests you need to undergo to save your life . . ."
What test is it??? Is my life in danger? Do I need to give up my daily dose of chocolate?
I am quite glad I am stull able to further my education from my own couch, tortilla chips in hand.

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Too funny! My tv education is taught at night. I love my night shows :)

Anonymous said...

It is the bald head for sure. I could never lie to my dad... well until I got pregnant but thats beside the point. :)

Ashley Harris said...

You crack me up! I haven't ever watched The Doctors - I guess I'll have to check it out sometime!

The Frosts said...

I'm not a big fan of either doctor show, but I love Dr. Oz. Although, he won't be on Oprah anymore. I hear he has his own show coming out. I never take any of his advice to heart, I just agree, and say to myself, "Self you should do that." But I don't. You are such a funny gal and I love every second of it.

Anonymous said...

Cassie! More proof that we are kindred souls. Whenever I catch an episode of the doctors, it is usually because they hype up some "test you need to undergo..." or "...things you can do to improve your health." I do the same thing. What is it? Am I going to die? What will happen if I don't watch this and I could have known about the mystery disease? Too funny! You're awesome!