Saturday, February 21, 2009

A happy and healthy Lacey arrived home today and met the dogs!

Heavenly Father answers prayers! Lacey had a miraculous and speedy recovery and was finally released from the hospital at 2:40pm Saturday February 21st, 2009. Cassie and I on the other hand were sent home the night before at 10:00pm. Being discharged without our daughter was torture, but we were so excited to hear this separation would only be one night long. Lacey's stay at Banner Gateway was 10 minutes shy of three days as apposed to the possible 5-7 days originally projected. We owe a great deal of gratitude because of the many prayers offered by all of you. Thank you again for your care and concern.

Upon her arrival, our four dogs were somewhat vocal about the addition to our family. So, to calm them and maybe ease the curiosity caused by the strange new crying and gurgling sounds, I carried each dog one by one, and introduced them to Lacey at a safe distance. Now, keep in mind, I've learned a great deal about my dogs and their behavior over the years. I know how to read them, so I'm usually aware of the cause of certain reactions. Shortly after Curly, Polly, Tyke and Scout each saw Lacey, they were returned to their cage. This was followed by the most pathetic whining. The kind of whining usually heard by three dogs, when they are jealous of the lucky fourth dog privileged enough to be invited into the house with us at the time. I can only assume our four k-9 friends were under the impression that our new little girl was one of them and that she was the lucky one of the day.

7 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

So glad you are all at home. That had to be torture to leave without her.
Love the picture she is so precious. Hope you are doing well. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

The Frosts said...

I love the picture of you and her in the hospital, Cass. You both look great. She is so cute!

Rita said...

That is cute that your pups consider her the lucky dog who gets special treatment! She is a doll, I think I need to come hold her in the next little while!

The Chamberlains said...

Congrats! She is so cute. I hope you all are doing well.

Emily said...

Yay! I can't wait to see more photos!

Kaylee said...

congrats...and we want more pics of the cute girl

Ashley Harris said...

I'M SO ECSTATIC! She's home! Yay!!!!