Saturday, February 14, 2009

On the due date

On the due date I have eaten chocolate and rainbow sherbet icecream. I have done every piece of dirty laundry in our house. (and hung it up or folded it) I'm tired!
I guess this baby may just wait until she gets induced to come out. That will be . . .drum roll please . . . Wednesday at 3 am. What a weird time! It was either that or Friday and I'm good with sooner!
I'm done being full time teacher for years! Yay! It feels weird and surreal. Some things I'll miss but in some ways it feels like I escaped from Alcatraz and I can run freely on the beach.

10 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Cassie,
I think you should have it on Monday the 16th. That is when my Faith was born. It would be cool they could both have a wonderful birthday on Presidents Day! What do you think? Get some rest as much as you can now. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Cass @ That Old House said...

You are going to have this baby SOON. I don't know you, but I am very familiar with that burst of domestic energy that comes right before the baby ...umm.. comes.

Best of luck to you. I have a February birthday husband (5th) and daughter (6th) -- it's a lovely month in which to be born!

There is nothing more exciting than a new baby. Sounds like you are all ready to greet your little one.

All the best...
Cass

Rita said...

So great Cassie! I am so excited for you and to meet baby! With the added bonus of being done teaching! Good luck with everything!

Hayley said...

I swear you'd had her already from the blog silence! i'm so excited for you!!

Jaclyn said...

Woohoo! How exciting that she's almost here!

Amy said...

I keep hoping that you had this baby already. Best of luck to you this week.

Keep us posted to the details...when you're up to it, of course!

Anonymous said...

I will pray she comes sooner...
You poor poor woman.

The Frosts said...

Iwent over my due date both times, so Ifeel your pain. Have another bowl of sherbert on me! I hope everthing goes well with the inductio. Give me a call when you and the lil' lady are feeling up for visitors.

Ashley Harris said...

You and your induction are on my calendar for Wednesday. I'm so excited Cassie - she'll be here so soon!! And yay for you for all the 'nesting.'

JackandJaneyNichols said...

You're nesting! And you sound ready! I'll be thinking of you....are you naming the baby Janey by any chance? love ya