Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Last Day of Freedom







So tonight's the night. I realized I had only washed a few outfits for the baby, so I'm doing laundry. I'm washing things like hats. How many little caps does a baby need? Probably like one. But at this point we're keeping them all.

So I finally got the nursery pictures up on here. The quilt on the wall was made by my friends Jen and September. The mirror we got from my sister-in-law Chelsea and we just painted it. She also gave us the changing table and crib! We are really lucky to have gotten those. Thanks Chels!






We are borrowing this bassinet. The shelf above is a work in progress. We're not sure what to put on it. The debate these days is will the baby sleep in our room for awhile, and if so, will the insomniac Cameron ever fall asleep at night?





Yay for the bed set! Too bad the lamps, rugs, etc that go with it are so pricey.






My mom's chair got painted. She was so nice to let us use it. The beautiful blanket on it was also made by Jen. She is so talented!





Another view.






Anyway, I love this room and feel happy when I go in it.






So the plan is to go to bed really early tonight and then set my alarm for 2 am and head to el hospital at 2:30. We'll see if I can fall asleep knowing I get to see my baby soon!!!






17 comments:

JackandJaneyNichols said...

The babies room looks really good....baby Janey will love it ( ha ha...aren't I funny?)
Here's to a nice, short, easy delivery, I'll be thinking of you sweetie. Wow, Cassie going to be a mom really soon! I'm excited for you. Best of luck xoxo janey

Carly Nichols said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes well. Also listen to the doctor when they say to sleep when your baby sleeps. I didn't follow those directions and I was a mess. I averaged 2 to 3 hours a day...not good! So don't forget to sleep:) good luck and enjoy every moment bc it goes by way too fast:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Your last night of relative peace and quiet. Enjoy it all! Good luck with the delivery and know you are in our prayers. If you need anything, and you know I mean ANYTHING.....call me! I can't wait to meet the little one, she is loved already.

P.S. September really deserves the credit for the blanket on the wall, she sewed it. I just helped with picking fabric and of course knowing you. :)

Rita said...

Cassie, I jumped on from Rita's blog and want to wish you good luck with everything tomorrow and always!!!...The fun is just beginning and I am so excited for you guys!! Know that grandma Leslie is sending LOTS OF LOVE with your little one....HAVE FUN!!!!

Rita said...

The room is super cute and will be even cuter with baby girl in it! Good luck with everything tonight Cass I will be thinking of ya! Can't wait to see ya and the babe!

Rita said...

That "RITA" above is really her mom Diane...Lots of Love!!!

Christa Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Cassafras - sooooo exciting!!! The nursery is ADORABLE. I am beyond excited for you. Wow, is it just amazing to think about how your entire world is going to change? You'll finally get to meet your baby girl. Best wishes with everything tonight - I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures of your little one! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! Love, love, love you, girlie!

Lonica said...

Good luck Cassie (and Cameron!) I hope everything goes well for you. The room really does look cute. You'll make great parents.

Ashley Harris said...

So adorable!! Look at you - all ready! I'm so excited for you!!

Caroline said...

Yay!!! I'll be thinking about you at 330am central time! (Okay, in some part of my brain I will!) Good luck with it all! Love you!

Jaclyn said...

How exciting! Good luck! And the room is very cute!

♥HANNAH♥ said...

ahhh!! i was just talking to you on the phone! im counting down the hours!

Emily said...

Good luck! I am excited to see pictures of the little one!

The Frosts said...

So exciting! Good luck, I know you'll do great. The room turned out really cute!

Amy said...

The time is here!!!! Girl, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all if I were you.

Your nursery looks absolutely stunning. It's definitely girl.

Hayley said...

what!? you're pregnant?

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

The room is so sweet! Praying for you to have a great experience and all goes well for you and the baby. Hugs, Bobbi Jo